Sunday 10 July 2016

Haircuts

I vividly remember all the times I went for a haircut in the past. Everytime I came out of the salon crying with a candy in one hand and boy cut or mushroom cut hair. Yes for most of my life I've had hair that didn't go past my ears. That made me mourn for my precious hair.
Everytime I went for a haircut my mother told me that the people would just trim my hair and won't make it short. Yet everytime my worst nightmare came true, I looked at the apron and the floor, I could see the remains of my hair. I would always start crying while my hair was getting chopped off, I would cringe as I felt the sharp scissor touch my neck or my ear. I was really afraid of haircuts. I don't remember the number of times I cried and yelled not to cut my hair, as I have always been in love with my hair. Another silly reason was I believed people used to think I'm a boy because I have short hair (to be honest in past it happened numerous times) and this made me angry. As I grew up, it was 9th grade, time for my next haircut. I was strictly against cutting my hair short as the girls in school used to make fun of me because of it. However I ended up getting a mushroom cut and crying like a baby. Next day I did get made fun of, that very day someone told me not to let others come in my way, or let them play with my feelings and everyone has their own style.
For 3 years I didn't let anyone cut my hair, well I did trim of course. Over these years my hair grew real long, picture hair that flows till your hips. I saw how those people who made fun of my haircut wonder how did my hair grew so long and people told me how beautiful my hair was. Well it is something that my family told me the time I cried the most before a haircut, "Now if you keep your hair short, when you grow up you will have long and beautiful hair." They were right, I had hair which boosted me with pride. At the end it's me who is laughing, well but I'm not making fun of anyone. That's the difference between me and them.
10th July 2016, after 4 years I got my haircut and this time I'm happy with it. Yes my hair is a bit short now, but not as much as I used to do...it's till my waist. I'm loving my haircut, which compliments all the qualities of my hair. Today I understand what it's like to have a style of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment